Have you noticed that your lips aren’t as full as you would like? Then you might think about lip augmentation with lip fillers to make them plumper. This popular procedure only takes a few minutes and can last for months to give your lips a fuller appearance.
If you’re thinking about lip augmentation, below is detailed information about the procedure and after-care tips.
What Is Lip Augmentation?
New Jersey lip augmentation is a simple injection procedure that can give you smoother, fuller lips. SomeWhether due to heredity, aging, or other factors, some people have thin lips and want to plump them up for a more attractive appearance.
Most plastic surgeons and dermatologists use New Jersey hyaluronic acid filler to increase volume in the lips. The benefits of hyaluronic fillers are:
- Precise control: The doctor can deliver an accurate amount of filler to give you the desired lip volume.
- Gradual process: Lip augmentation injections can be provided over several appointments until you are pleased with the results.
- Less bruising: Hyaluronic acid may result in less bruising than other dermal fillers.
- Results: Can last up to a year.
- Minimal allergic reactions: Hyaluronic acid fillers are derived from natural substances, so most people aren’t allergic.
The results may last from four months to a year, with six months being average.
The procedure involves injecting dermal filler into several areas of the upper and lower lips to increase volume.
First, the doctor will clean the lips, then apply a topical numbing cream to reduce pain. Then, she will inject the filler in several areas and massage the lips for consistent results.
Before Lip Augmentation
Consider these points before your lip augmentation:
- Don’t overfill: It’s important not to put too much filler in the lips at once, or the difference will be evident to others. Better to underfill and add more later.
- Don’t take medications that thin the blood: Avoid aspirin, Aleve, fish oil, Motrin, and multivitamins the week before to reduce bruising.
- Leave the celebrity pictures at home: Some patients want their lips to look like a celebrity’s, but this can leave you disappointed. Everyone’s body and face are different, and your results won’t be quite like anyone’s.
Lip Augmentation After-Care Tips
Please review these after-care tips, so you know what to expect after your lip augmentation:
Lips Will Be Swollen
When the doctor injects hyaluronic acid into your lips, you can expect minor swelling, redness, and bruising. This is normal.
After a few hours, these side effects should fade, and you can resume your regular activities.
Use Ice Or Cold Compresses
There will be some swelling after your lip augmentation, but you can eliminate most of it with an ice pack. But you should cover the ice pack with a towel, so it doesn’t stick to your lips and cause discomfort.
Although lip augmentation isn’t surgery, you should not engage in strenuous exercise for one or two days. Exercise increases blood pressure and heart rate and may worsen swelling and bruising.
But you can go for a daily walk to keep your blood moving. Then, after one or two days, you can return to more vigorous workouts.
Drinking water is always essential, but it’s even more critical after lip augmentation. Drinking at least eight glasses of water daily will help the body heal.
Eat Fruit And Vegetables
After lip augmentation, it’s essential to consume fruits and vegetables to hydrate the body and provide the nutrients needed for healing.
Avoid Heated Rooms
You shouldn’t go into rooms with high temperatures for the first two days after the procedure, such as a sauna, steam room, or hot yoga class. Heat will increase swelling.
Elevate Your Head
It helps to sleep with your head elevated for two or three days after lip augmentation to reduce swelling. Also, don’t sleep face down because it can affect the distribution of the hyaluronic acid injections.
Don’t Use Lipstick
It’s recommended not to use lipstick for about 24 hours after lip augmentation.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid injections can give you fuller, plumper lips that many say are more attractive. The procedure is quick with no downtime but should always be performed by a skilled surgeon or dermatologist.
Also, many patients opt for other cosmetic procedures with their lip augmentation to save time and expense. Plus, you can make your results even more dramatic with these facial procedures to go with your plumper lips:
Request A Lip Augmentation Consultation
Considering a lip augmentation in New Jersey? Dr. Smita. R. Ramanadham can help you obtain the results you want. Dr. Ramanadham will go over your options, goals, and more to determine if you’re a good candidate for this procedure.
- Lip Filler After-Care. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/lip-fillers-aftercare
- Lip Augmentation Overview. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.webmd.com/beauty/cosmetic-procedures-lip-augmentation#1
- 9 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Getting Lip Injections. (2021). Accessed at https://www.glamour.com/story/lip-injections-cost-before-after