How to Get Fuller Cheeks
We often learn that being thin means being attractive. But as we get older, it can be harder to maintain volume in the face. The less volume in the face, the more it can make you look tired and old.
But there are things you can do if you are getting thin cheeks as you age to restore that lost volume. When you have chubby cheeks again, it can make you look younger and more energetic.
Cosmetic Procedures For Fuller Cheeks
How to make cheeks chubby effectively is to use injectables, such as Voluma, Sculptra, Juvederm, or Restylane. Your plastic surgeon or healthcare professional can inject one of these fillers into the cheeks to give you the chubby cheeks and fullness you had when you were younger.
Dermal fillers are an excellent option to make the cheeks fuller because the procedure doesn’t require surgery; you can usually have the filler injected in 15 or 20 minutes and go right back to work or other activities.
The fillers mentioned above are moldable and soft and have low rates of complications, such as lumps and bumps. And if you don’t like the results, they can be reversed in about 48 hours.
Dermal fillers provide temporary results, so you will need more filler injected after six months or a year. But dermal fillers are safe, effective, and affordable, so any time you want to ‘touch up’ your cheeks and make them plumper, your plastic surgeon can help.
Fat Transfer For Fuller Cheeks
It may sound strange, because so often we want to lose weight, but when it comes to achieving chubby weeks, we want to gain weight, or give the appearance of gaining weigh, in the cheeks alone. Another way to get chubby cheeks is through fat transfer surgery. This procedure uses liposuction on another part of the body, such as the abdomen. The fat that is removed is washed and processed and carefully injected into the cheeks resulting in chubby cheeks.
The results are immediate, and there is virtually no downtime or recovery. Also, the fat is from your own body, so complications are rare.
Over time, the fat may be reabsorbed by the body, so follow-up treatments may be needed.
If you want long-term results, you may want to consider cheek implants. These silicone implants are placed while you are under general anesthesia, and generally, the surgeon puts them in through incisions in the mouth.
The incision is roughly where the upper teeth and inner cheek meet. Your surgeon will make a pocket between the facial muscles and cheekbone. They will probably use a sizer or temporary implant to determine the size of the implant to use.
Sometimes, your surgeon may put in a titanium screw to attach the implant to the cheek bone so it cannot move out of position. Then, the incisions in the mouth are closed, and you can go home a few hours later.
After the procedure, you’ll need to wear a compression garment on the face to reduce pain and swelling. Putting ice on the cheeks is necessary for the first day, and it can take two or three months until all the swelling is gone.
How To Get Fuller Cheeks? Look To The Eyes.
You may have thinner cheeks as you get older, but the problem also can lie with the eyes. Sagging skin can accumulate around the eyes that make the cheeks appear smaller and less full.
In this case, you may want to think about an eyelid lift. This plastic surgery is effective at getting rid of extra skin and fat around the eyes. Unfortunately, in some cases, the excess skin can accumulate so much that it even can affect your vision!
An eyelid lift is a subtle but effective way to give yourself a more youthful appearance. And when the extra facial skin around the eyes is gone, your cheeks may look fuller and more radiant.
Natural Ways To Get Chubby Cheeks
Cosmetic surgery is the most effective and fastest way to get fuller cheeks. But if you want to increase the volume of your cheeks on your own, give some of these tips a try:
- Use aloe: Aloe vera contains vitamins E and C, and rubbing it on the face can make it look younger and fuller over time. Healthy skin always looks younger. Also, some experts recommend consuming a teaspoon of aloe vera gel to increase facial elasticity and help cultivate chubby cheeks.
- Use an apple: Many say that using an apple on the cheeks can improve volume because the fruit contains elastin, collagen, and antioxidants. Also, eating apples may help cheek volume because of the antioxidants and other substances the fruit contains.
- Use glycerin and rose water: Using this combination on your cheeks can keep the skin hydrated and clean, removing dead skin cells and cultivating healthier skin which can make the cheeks look a bit fuller.
- Apply oil: Some oils rubbed on the cheeks may moisturize them and increase fullness. Some of the recommended oils are almond, avocado, coconut, and olive.
- Facial exercises: Some have tried facial exercises to help improve the look of their cheeks. Results vary, but working on the cheek muscles to help cultivate chubby cheeks is something that some report trying.
- Facial yoga: Facial yoga is similar to facial exercises in that it is a natural way to hone your cheek muscles. The ideas is that facial exercise will help to cultivate a more youthful appearance of the cheeks using only facial yoga.
Questions and Answers
Why are my cheeks sunken?
Sunken cheeks result from minimal tissue between the zygoma (cheekbone arch) and mandible (lower jawbone), commonly associated with aging and facial fat loss in both men and women.
Why do I have no fat on my cheeks?
With aging, facial fat diminishes, leading to sunken cheeks and increased angularity. Accelerated by habits like neglecting sunscreen, poor diet, and smoking, these lifestyle choices can expedite facial aging.
When does my face change the most?
Facial changes often become noticeable in one’s 30s, intensifying in the 40s and 50s. Fortunately, treatments exist to address the aging-related transformations in our appearance.
Request A Consultation
Considering cheek filler in New Jersey? Dr. Smita. R. Ramanadham can help you obtain the results you want. Dr. Ramanadham will go over your options, goals, and more to determine if you’re a good candidate for a variety of cosmetic procedures
Cheek Augmentation Overview. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/cheek-augmentation#:~:text
How Plastic Surgery Can Rejuvenate Your Cheeks. (n.d.). Accessed at https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/how-can-plastic-surgery-rejuvenate-your-cheeks
How To Get Chubby Cheeks. (2019). Accessed at https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-get-chubby-cheeks